Accommodation / Travel
The Summer School will take place on the island of Spetses in Greece, and will be hosted at The Anargyrios and Korgialenios School of Spetses (A.K.S.S.), a historical and cultural heritage site of the island of Spetses. The A.K.S.S. was established in 1923 on a picturesque 120.000m² parcel along the northern coastline of the island. It functioned as a boarding school until 1983, based on the famous British schools of Eton and Harrow, and was the inspiration behind the John Fowles Novel "The Magus'', who was a professor at the school.
The Anargirios & Korgialenios School is situated just outside the city of Spetses, approximately 2 km from Dapia. Founded by national benefactors Sotirios Anargyros and Marino Korgialeni, it consists of five huge and several supplementing buildings that are located in an area of one thousand acres. The buildings' architecture has been directly influenced by the corresponding English Schools and impresses even today.
In the wider area of the school, there is the football stadium of Spetses, as well as an open-air, ancient type theater with a capacity of 1000 spectators that hosts various events.
Accommodation is NOT included in the registration fees.
Special prices at the Anargirios & Korgialenios School (Summer School venue) (https://akss.gr/main/en) have been negotiated for Summer School participants: 64 euros per person and per night (breakfast is included)
Please book directly at Anargirios & Korgialenios School via
e-mail : email@example.com
or by phone : +30 210 3613751, +30 210 3602273, +30 22980 72206 quoting “5th Summer School in Advanced Economics”
Other hotels are:
- Hotel Villa Plaza (https://villa-plaza.atticahotels.net/en/ )
- Klimis Hotel (https://www.klimishotel.gr/en/ )
- Stelios Hotel (https://stelios-hotel-spetses-island.ibooked.gr/ )
Information about hotels: https://www.hotelscombined.com/Place/Spetses.htm
Participants should arrange their accommodation.
How to reach the event:
By sea: Spetses is connected to Piraeus. The conventional ferries make the route "Piraeus - Spetses" in about 2 hours, and from Porto Heli boats leave daily for Spetses and the journey is 10 minutes.
By car: Travel by car to Kosta in Peloponnese and get a boat from there to Spetses (the boat trip lasts only 15 minutes).
By coach: Travel by coach with Argolida Prefecture Bus Company-KTEL to Kosta in Peloponnese and get a boat from there to Spetses (the boat trip lasts only 15 minutes).
How to reach the Piraeus port from Athens International Airport "Eleftherios Venizelos"
There are two options to reach the Piraeus Port from the Athens International Airport "Eleftherios Venizelos" :
- Take the Bus X96. This bus route operates 24/7, every 20min in the summer and 40min for the rest of the year. Get the bus right at exit. You can buy the ticket by the ticket master right outside the entrance of the bus or inside with the driver.
- Take the Athens Airport Metro Line 3 (blue line) which covers the from Athens Airport via Syntagma Square to Piraeus port, every thirty minutes. To reach the metro exit the arrivals terminal, take the elevator or the escalators one level up, enter the skyline, and follow the signs towards the Metro terminal.